How We Work
OnTrent supports a network of organisations to work together to achieve more together than each organisation can do alone. OnTrent works across the entire catchment area of the River Trent from Biddulph Moor, Willenhall and Melton Mowbray to the Humber Estuary.
The role of the OnTrent Initiative:
- Taking a strategic overview for the entire Trent and its tributaries.
- Having a portfolio of experience and case studies to draw from, transfer and disseminate within the Trent catchment.
- Identifying funding and providing ongoing technical support.
- Providing a one-stop shop for people, communities, groups and organisations.
OnTrent operates on the ground in the following ways:
- Supporting the development and delivery of projects through partner organisations.
- Influencing and maximising the opportunities presented through a range of policies, plans and management practices.
- Undertaking direct delivery of projects where no other mechanisms exist.
- Promoting OnTrent, its partners and projects and the issues it seeks to address.